Pure Red Cell Aplasia – RDG
- Aims of the Group
- To increase awareness of Pure Red Cell Aplasia (PRCA).
- To streamline the diagnostic process.
- To investigate and implement measures to reduce the incidence of the disease.
- To empower affected patients in seeking help and support.
- To establish international collaborations to promote research into the causes and management of the disease.
- Current Activities
The date of the first PRCA patient information and support meeting will be advertised here soon.
- International Links
The RDG is communicating with several international bodies with a view to expand its activities internationaly.
- Patient Support Groups
A Facebook group for ESA Induced Pure Red Aplasia has been established.
- Group Members
- Professor Sunil Bhandari, Hull Royal Infirmary
- Dr Cormac Breen, Guys Hospital London
- Dr Paul Cockwell, Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
- Dr Ian Davies, Patient Representative
- Professor Simon Davies, University Hospital of North Staffordshire
- Professor Ken Farrington, Lister Hospital Stevenage
- Professor Philip Karla, Salford Royal Hospital
- Professor Iain Macdougall, Kings College Hospital London
- Dr Ash Mikhail, Morriston Hospital Swansea RDG Lead
- Dr Charles Tomson, Southmead Hospital Bristol
- Dr David Wheeler, Royal Free Hospital London
- Dr Christopher Winearls, Oxford University Hospital
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Written by the Pure Red Cell Aplasia Rare Disease Group