Mitochondrial disease affecting the kidney – RDG
- Aims of the Group
This group is to promote the recognition of patients with mitochondrial disease affecting the kidney.
- Patient Support Group
The Lily Foundation is the UK’s leading mitochondrial disease charity. Our mission is to improve the lives of people affected by mitochondrial diseases. We are working towards a future where mitochondrial diseases can be effectively treated or cured.
- Group Members
- Prof John A Sayer, Consultant Nephrologist, Freeman Hospital, RDG lead
- Dr Suren Kanagasundaram, Consultant Nephrologist, Freeman Hospital
- Dr Gavin Hudson, Researcher, Newcastle University
- Prof Robert Taylor, Professor, Newcastle University
- Dr Yincent Tse, Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist, Great North Children’s Hospital
- Sister Rachel Steel, Paediatric haemodialysis sister and patient representative
- Dr Tom Connor, Consultant Nephrologist, Oxford Kidney Unit, Churchill Hospital
- Prof Robert McFarland, Paediatric Neurologist, Wellcome Centre for Mitochondrial Research
Written by the Mitochondrial disease Rare Disease Group